What is BounceBack?
BounceBack is a tool that may help to build mental toughness by asking people to answer real world questions, by using the Skills & Attitudes of resilience. It gives users the opportunity to practice and demonstrate the Skills & Attitudes of resilience and to coach others in applying them. It requires that users place themselves in challenging situations and describe how they would respond to the challenge.
The Benefits of BounceBack
We know that the Skills & Attitudes of resilience can be learned and BounceBack may help.
- BounceBack has 25 decks with more than 500 challenges designed by the people who face them and categorized by subject matter and/or profession. You and/or your coach may choose the deck most helpful to you.
- BounceBack is flexible. It can be used alone, with a coach, with a peer or in a small group. There are many ways to use BounceBack. Take a look at our instruction sheet for suggestions or create your own game according to your needs.
- The level of challenge can be varied by adding to the number of challenges requiring application and/or by decreasing the time allotted to respond. Track your increasing mastery of the Skills & Attitudes of resilience using our simple scoring method.
- BounceBack has a website with additional resource materials and links to assist users with mastering the Skills & Attitudes of resilience.
- BounceBack is an affordable tool for learning and teaching the Skills & Attitudes of resilience.
Who among us is unfamiliar with the Challenge Decks presented by Bounceback?
- Active Shooter/Shelter in Place
- Being Different in North America
- Blue & Red Politics
- Caregiver at Heart
- Chronic Pain
- Demonstration Deck
- First Responder/Public Safety
- Healthcare Professionals
- Immigration (in English, French and Spanish)
- Natural Disaster
- Older Adults
- The Unlikely
- Young Adults
BounceBack is a serious game, a tool that may help build mental toughness by asking people to answer real world questions, using the Skills & Attitudes of resilience. It is intended to help you develop and apply the skills and the attitudes of resilience.
Statements or descriptions contained in BounceBack are informational only. The content of some questions may not be appropriate for all users. This tool is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice for which your healthcare professional is your best source.
If you believe that you may benefit from care, you should consult a licensed mental health professional.
The purchaser of BounceBack is solely responsible for determining the adequacy of this material and its’ application. The use of this material shall not be subject to any implied warranties of fitness for that purpose.