What is BounceBack?
BounceBack is a tool that may help to build mental resilience by asking people to answer real world questions, by using everyday skills. It gives users the opportunity to practice and demonstrate the skills and the attitudes of resilience and to coach others in applying these skills and attitudes. It requires that users place themselves in challenging situations and describe how they would respond to the challenge.
The Benefits of BounceBack
- Challenges have been designed by the people who face them: police, firefighters, veterans and immigrants to etc.
- The tool may be used individually, with a companion, a coach or with a group/team.
- The tool has 20+ decks categorized by professions (First Responders, Healthcare), populations (older adults, teens, immigrants) and issues (disability, family relationships, recovery). You and/or your coach/teacher can choose the deck that is most helpful to you.
- The tool provides immediate feedback to the user following each challenge.
- The tool has the ability to save responses, allowing the administrator/coach/teacher to provide feedback to users.
- The administrator/coach/teacher can add challenge questions to existing decks, create new categories and add new skills and attitudes; BounceBack can be adapted to meet specific needs.
- The tool is housed on a website making it available 24 hours/day.
- Completed decks can be saved allowing users to track their increasing mastery of the skills and attitudes of resilience.
- BounceBack has an associated website with additional resource materials and links to assist users with mastering the skills and attitudes of resilience.
- BounceBack is an affordable tool for learning and teaching the skills and attitudes of resilience.
- Subscription options are available. You may choose the subscription that meets your needs.
Why do we call them decks?
BounceBack was originally a card game with different decks for different subjects. It has been converted for computer use. The user(s) must choose a deck/category from the list of options. Over 27 decks/categories are available with endless possibilities for new decks to be added. The computer shuffles the entire deck before each game. A complete game consists of six challenge cards referred to as a set. The computer deals six randomly selected challenge cards one at a time. You will find that we use the words deck and category, as well as game and tool interchangeably when referring to BounceBack. This is because of its origin.
Who among us is unfamiliar with the challenge categories presented by Bounceback?
- Divorce and Finance
- Family and Relationship
- “First Night” a coaching tool that follows the novel
- First Responder/Public Safety
- General Health
- Healthcare Professional
- English verion
- French version
- Spanish version
- Natural Disasters
- Older Adults
- “Reaching Home” a coaching tool that follows the novel
- Teens/Young Adults
- The Unlikely
- The Hopefully Unlikely
- The Hopefully Very Unlikely
BounceBack is flexible…adaptable. We will continue to create new decks to address the evolving challenges that life throws at us. Current development includes:
- Red and Blue Politics
- Being Different in America
- Chronic Pain
You can also create your own set of challenges that can address the unique needs of your employees/clientele. Send us your ideas. We can help.
BounceBack asks that users apply 11 Skills and Attitudes to everyday challenges.
BounceBack is a tool that may help build mental resilience by asking people to answer real world questions, by using everyday skills. It is intended to help you develop and apply the skills and the attitudes of resilience. Statements or descriptions contained in BounceBack are informational only. The content of some questions may not be appropriate for all users. This tool is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice for which your healthcare professional is your best source. If you believe that you may benefit from care, you should consult a psychologist or other licensed health/mental health professional. The purchaser of BounceBack is solely responsible for determining the adequacy of this material and its application, and, the application of this material shall not be subject to any implied warranties of fitness for that purpose.