Our mission is to create, promote and distribute affordable tools to help build resilience for those in need, and today, that includes all of us.
Below is a brief overview of our activities. See Our Partners for information about those who have partnered with us and supported us along the way:
- 01/2016: Resilience Training at Hope Gateway United Methodist Church, Portland ME
- 2013-ongoing: Development and testing of BounceBack.
- 2012: The Maine Resilience Program developed a chapter on resilience for the University of Massachusetts, Boston Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities After a Disaster. The chapter (p. 199-215) was published in A. Awatona (Eds.) – Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with Vulnerable Populations After the Cameras Have Gone: A Worldwide Study by United Kingdom, Cambridge Scholars.
- 01/25/2012: Presentation at University Of New England (U.N.E.) on Resilience and the Healing Powers of Stories by Dr. Breazeale and Marilyn Morrell, Consumer Advocate, Westbrook, ME.
- 2011: Train-the-Trainer Program for the Scarborough Community was completed with additional workshops in 2012 & 2013. Trained staff have carried out training and additional activities to teach and reinforce the skills of resilience through the Resiliency Project.
- Workshop on Resilience for managers and department heads focusing on the development of the Resilience Program for the entire city, Scarborough, ME.
- 09/22-09/24/2010: Delegate to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (F.E.M.A.) Getting Real Conference focusing on the integration of Special Needs groups into the the general population response by F.E.M.A. in a disaster.
- 07/13 & 07/14/2010: Presentation of the Maine Resilience Program to the International Conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled after Disaster, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA.
- 06/15/2010: Presentation on resilience and chronic pain, Mid Coast Hospital, Brunswick ME.
- 05/19/2010: Presentation on resilience to providers of services to seniors in Maine and New Hampshire at Marriott,South Portland ME.
- 04/10/2010: Train-the-trainer program for educators sponsored by the Maine Education Association, South Portland ME.
- 03/16/2010: Train-the-trainer program for correctional officers of the Greater Portland area at Cumberland County Jail, Portland ME.
- 03/23/2010: Train-the-trainer workshop sponsored by Woodfords Family Services at Woodfords Family Services Center, Westbrook, ME and attended by 15 social service agencies in the Greater Portland area.
- 01/11/2010: Train-the-trainer program for firefighters at Scarborough Public Safety Center, Scarborough ME.
- 09/2009: Duct Tape Isn’t Enough: Survival Skills for the 21st.Century, a book by Dr. Ron Breazeale is released.
- 01/19 & 01/26/2009: Maine Resilience Program for Elders at Park Danforth Independent/Assisted Living Facility, Portland ME.
- 11/15/2008: Train-the-trainer workshop, Annual Convention of the Maine Education Association, Portland ME.
- 11/08/2008: Train-the-trainer workshop for Southern Maine Emergency Medical Services personnel and community members at Mid Coast Hospital, Brunswick ME.
- 10/30 & 11/06/2008: Train-the-trainer program at Park Danforth Independent/Assisted Living Facility, Portland ME.
- 10/15 & 10/24/2008: Train-the-trainer program for Windham and Raymond Fire and Rescue Services at Windham Fire Hall, Windham ME.
- 04/26/2007: Presentation on resilience for the National Society of Professional Journalists, Northeast Chapter at University of Southern Maine (U.S.M.), Portland ME.
- 10/2006: The book, Reaching Home by Dr. Ron Breazeale is released.
Photo credit: Image licensed through Creative Commons by Guian Bolisay